Monday, March 28, 2011

The First Trimester

I thought it would be the best of times. But all because of Caeser Salad, Chinese food, with a little bit of flying it has sometimes not been exactly what I thought;) I wasn't sick for the first 8 weeks was absolutely wonderful and then BOOM! I ate Caeser salad and hugged the toilet for 24hours straight. I later read that Caeser Salad dressing is a no no because of the raw egg. If I only knew! It was the first thing that really made me sick. From that point on, one thing after another...PF Changs, Chipotle, Sam Pan, BLT's, bean burrito's, apple juice....etc! Baby strongly dislikes. One night I met the Sister Missionaries I served with and we went to dinner at FIVE GUYS. Within minutes of driving away I got sick! What I crave? Potatoes! Poor Chase, potato patties, mashed potatoes, potatoes fried in olive oil with a side of ketchup, and the list goes on!!! One day I had all 3 of those things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! and so did Chase! He teases me about it but what he doesn't tell people is that he was so grateful for the food. That's one reason I love him so much. He is always grateful for everything I cook. My first flight being pregnant was to Minnesota to tell our parent's the exciting news and Chase was going to be having surgery. I didn't get sick on the way there because I was flying with Chase but I did on my way home. I had to fly back early because I was starting my job with Delta. Chase was going to be having surgery. On the way there, the flight offered fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and I gave mine to Chase. I am trying to do everything to eat healthy. For a snack Chase always asks me what I wanted and thought what was best for baby. See why he is going to be such a good dad? He is so caring and the baby isn't even born yet. If it is healthy he will ask me if I want it since I pass off the junk to him. Although, as time went on in the pregnancy I have just ate whatever sounds good. Including unhealthy junk. The morning sickness lasted approximately 8 weeks and now that I am almost 20 weeks I definitely don't feel sick or crave much of anything. Potatoes were definitely a faze!:) I just feel blessed to not be sick 24/7 like some women. Either way, the little morning sickness is a small moment in time and the outcome is what makes all of this worth it!:)