Thursday, March 24, 2011

The City So Nice They Named it TWICE!:)

December 17th 2010, I came home from serving my mission and the last time I updated my blog I also wanted to write about the day we flew home and all the feelings I felt that day. But I never did! Now spring has arrived and it reminds me of when I opened my mission call. Wow time flies. To take you on a little of the journey with me with was the video of the day I opened my call.
 

 From opening my mission call to getting released as a missionary my life will never be the same. It was 3 years ago today. Of course it is common to hear that a mission changes lives.  Not only is that true but to be more specific it was the people we taught that changed my life. Along with my companions. And my mission Presidents. On December 17th, 2010 when I got off the plane and was greeted by my brother at the gate, I was happy. But I was sad. SO many mixed emotions. We went to my house and my mom pulled up shortly after us..she had just got off of work. I was so happy and excited to see her, to tell her everything a letter can't.. joyful to be more specific, but then sad!;) Do I sound bipolar!? Haha. I will never experience the emotions that a mission entails. (Or so I thought;)) But truly it is just so wonderful. When mom took me that night to get set apart by President Naatjes I remember him asking me a few questions...
"What did you love most about your mission"
My response: As my lip quivers. The people. My heart is full of love I never knew was possible for knowing in such a little amount of time. Oh how I had missed them already and I wasn't even home for a total of 5 hours.
"What was the hardest part"
My response: As my lip quivers. My companions. I went on my mission thinking I get along with EVERYONE and there is no one I don't get along with! But I learned when you are with someone 24hours and attached at the hip...it can be easy in some instances to not get along!! lol! Mom also said "well and you mentioned on the way here being tired" Again, as my lip quivers...I reply explaining how I was purely exhausted, mentally, emotionally, physically. But somehow I was given the strength to go on and exhaustion would go away morning after morning at 6:30am!:) Heavenly Father truly made sure the work would go forth. What I like say (sing) to that is, "Yes I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me!"
One of the last questions,
"Was there 1 person in particular you feel you were suppose to meet?"
 My response: As my lip quivers! Guillaume, Maritza, Chantel...and the list goes on!!! But I proceeded to tell him about Guillaume to stick with one:) To make a long story short. Guillaume is from Haiti. Speaks Creole. and my companion was his 3rd cousin once removed. Meeting, teaching, and witnessing Guillaume get baptized was meant to be in the short 6 weeks Sister Dantes and I were together. :)
After a short review to President Naatjes, I was told I can take off my black name tag. I slowly but surely removed my tag.... As my lip quivers.  I was no longer a missionary for the thing I love the most.
I know I keep talking about my lip quivering but it couldn't be more real. Every memory and everything we talked about made me cry tears of joy and my lip quiver!:)  and laugh. and smile. Oh how I cherish every memory and thought about my mission. It was such a blessing in my life and still is. My life will never be the same...:)