Thursday, March 24, 2011

JOY

It was a Sunday evening, January 16th, 2011 to be exact. I had some Sister's from the mission over for dinner and it was so much fun. Chase went to our friend's so it could "just be us girls" and it was so good to just talk and catch up!  After they left I took a pregnancy test just because I could and it was only 1 line which means you are not pregnant. I threw it away, went to bed, and thought nothing of it. Until the next morning I got to throw away a Q-TIP and I noticed something I didn't see the night before..2 lines?! What?! I took it out of the garbage and surprise!! There were really 2 lines. They say a pregnancy test is void after 10 minutes so I took another one just to make sure. Sure enough instead of this something like this (-) there was this (=)...for the 2nd time. So Monday was Presidents Day and Chase had to work. I had not yet started with Delta so I had a brilliant idea of telling Chase by making a video with the song from Brad Paisley "Anything Like Me". The first couple times I heard it I knew that is how I wanted to tell Chase he was going to be a daddy! I just needed the day to do it! He got off early and I was bummed because I was not finished gathering every picture to fit the lyrics of the song! I held it in all day thinking I could finish the video later in the day by telling him I had to finish a project for his birthday!:) So that is exactly what I did! Before I knew it the night had come and gone and I was not finished with placing the pictures in the exact spot! Since I could not hold it in till the next day I told him by writing on our bathroom mirror #1DAD times 2. He was watching T.V. and all throughout every commercial I would ask him if he was ready for bed. It seemed like 10 hours later I heard him start to come up the stairs and into our bedroom. I stayed by the bed and waited for him to proceed into our bathroom. That was the moment. He turned the light on. Studied the mirror. Was a little confused. Asked me if I was pregnant as his eyes were filling with tears face.  I'm not sure if mine were at the moment or not! It was such a memorable moment and yes...we are having a baby!
Here is the final video I showed Chase the next day...