Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Lights Will Inspire You!

Chase and I were orignally going to Vegas on a Sunday night to meet up with The Durling's but unfortunetly we didn't get on 2 different flights because they were soo full! Chase and I were on his laptop looking at different options and where else we should go for the night. My girlfriend Jessica and her hubby were driving through Colorado and we thought about meeting them there. By the time we looked up those flights we quickly realized that all the flights out to Colorado had already left for the night. Along with so many other places! We didn't know what to do. We thought for a second we could just go home?! Until Chase had a brilliant idea! He looks at the screen that shows outbound flights to see what flights are going out for the rest of the night since it was already 9pm. He had the look of a little kid in a candy store when he turns to me as I am sitting at the gate.... "Babe want to go to NEW YORK?!?" I loved it! We weighed out all our options...the weather, where to sleep, how much it would cost, etc. Our agenda? Take the red eye to NYC and sleep on the plane. Spend the day in NYC doing anything and everything we could, with a weather forcast of 77 degrees, and fly home that night! That is exactly what we did! We flew to NYC. Hopped on the train down to the city....                                  

                                              Went to Times Square,
   Walked the streets, 
visited Guillaume, a man that changed my life:),
 ate at a cute little restaurant 'Alice's Tea Cup' (A must!) and caught our flight back home that night. I had been morning sick the entire morning but as the day went on it got much better! At Alice's Tea Cup I got a  cup of herbal ginger tea and it worked miracles. Prior to that I got SO sick on the train I hopped off at random stop and threw up right then and there. I gave Chase little to no notice to get off the train but he seemed so prepared fo the moment. Not embarrased at all. Rubbing my back. Telling me everything would be ok. When I am sick I get very embarrased throwing up. Even in front of Chase. It is just something others should not have to see! Well, this was during traffic hour and a lady can obviously see what is happening. She starts talking extremely loud and telling everyone. "OH! SHE SICK!" repeatedly. Chase tells her as quiet as possible that I was pregnant(we were at least 6 feet away). Im sure she thought I had a hangover or something. Again she keeps saying it super loud until she hears Chase say again, "no she is just pregnant!" Like I mentioned, in the moment, I was embarrased, I know what had to have been going through AT LEAST 50% of those peoples heads. But now we can't stop laughing about that experience. Chase and I were grateful to take a fun little trip before the baby comes and we felt like we were on our Honeymoon all over again...(I did at least;))! We just loved every second of it! I will be forever grateful for Chase's brilliant idea to fly to New York. It is yet another memory that makes my heart smile:)