Friday, December 3, 2010

Delta, Jet Blue, Sky West...

Delta, Jet Blue, Sky West...The list goes on and on! I really would love a job at the airlines and quite frankly I think it would be neat:) I love Sunglass Hut but really?! I could do both:) Well to share with you the journey of applying for the airlines, it goes a little like this...1.) Check the website to see what they are hiring for 2.) Check to see if it is in SLC 3.) decide if I would like to go as far as being a "ramp worker" and standing out in the cold;) 4.) Decide that is not for me and I would rather love to do something like reservations...5.) Wait for a "reservations" opportunity in SLC to appear (which is rare.) Well, to my surprise...this has happened twice with Delta, once with Sky West, and once with Jet Blue! I had applied everytime and wasn't having very much luck until an "unavailable ID" popped up on my phone while I was at Sunglass Hut yesterday. I never answer those so I just let it ring and ring thinking "they will leave a message":) Well, Chase call me 1 minute after my phone had stopped ringing and he said, "Sweetheart, did you just get a phone call and not pick up?" Me: "yes" Him: "It was Delta!!!" and then a Voicemail message pops up! I quickly hung up the phone and checked the message! Sure enough it was Delta calling in regards to my application!:) I promptly called them back and had an interview over the phone. They lady whom I was speaking with imformed me I "passed" that interview and Delta will be contacting me with more information. Today they called again and I have an interview coming up for working with Delta airlines in reservations!!!! YAY!! I am so blessed and so grateful they called. Happy me:)